Vehicle Title Information
Vessel Title Information
Forms of Payment
Persons with Disabilities
VESSEL TITLE INFORMATION: (DOL link)
Vessel registrations are valid from July 1st through June 30th of the
following year. Vessels used in Washington State waters, including
those kept at a boat slip, must be registered. If you purchase a vessel
from a Washington dealer, the dealer will transfer the title for you.
If you purchase a vessel from a private party, you will need to
transfer the title yourself. Depending on the length, use and power of
the vessel, you might not need to title the vessel at all.
You will need:
- A title, dated and signed by all registered and legal
owners; or a notarized Affidavit of Loss.
If a boat and trailer are sold
be sure to have a title for each.
- Documentation of the purchase price
- Vessel Data/Use Tax form
- Current Washington Driver's License or Identification Card
- Cash, check or money order
- Credt / Debit Card (fee applies)