Home   Valley Vehicle Licensing
        27331 172nd Ave SE,  Suite 116
        Covington, Washington



About Us


Vehicle Title Information

Emission Testing

Vessel Title Information

Forms of Payment

Persons with Disabilities

Additional links

Contact Us












Vessel registrations are valid from July 1st through June 30th of the following year. Vessels used in Washington State waters, including those kept at a boat slip, must be registered. If you purchase a vessel from a Washington dealer, the dealer will transfer the title for you.

If you purchase a vessel from a private party, you will need to transfer the title yourself. Depending on the length, use and power of the vessel, you might not need to title the vessel at all.

You will need:

  1. A title, dated and signed by all registered and legal owners; or a notarized Affidavit of Loss.
          If a boat and trailer are sold together,
          be sure to have a title for each.
  2. Documentation of the purchase price
  3. Vessel Data/Use Tax form
  4. Current Washington Driver's License or Identification Card
  5. Cash, check or money order
  6. Credt / Debit Card (fee applies)