Vehicle Title Information
Vessel Title Information
Forms of Payment
Persons with Disabilities
VEHICLE TITLE INFORMATION: (DOL link)
All motorized vehicles that will be used on public roads, including
forest service roads and beaches, in Washington State must be licensed.
If you purchase your vehicle from a Washington State dealer, the dealer
will transfer the title for you.
If you purchase a vehicle from a private party, you will need to
transfer the title yourself.
You will need:
Please note: Washington State titled vehicles
must be transferred within 15 calendar days after purchase day to avoid
monetary penalties. A $50 penalty is charged on the 16th day with an
additional $2.00 charge per day thereafter until a maximum $125 penalty
- A title, dated and signed by all registered and legal
owners; or a notarized Affidavit of Loss.
- Documentation of the purchase price.
- An odometer statement on vehicles less than 10 years old.
- A current emission test that is no more than 1 year old
(check ahead to see if required)
- A current Washington State Driver's License or
Identification Card. With some exceptions, the registered owner must be
18 years of age or older.
- Cash, check or money order.
- Credit/Debit Card (fee applies).