Home   Valley Vehicle Licensing
        27331 172nd Ave SE,  Suite 116
        Covington, Washington



About Us


Vehicle Title Information

Emission Testing

Vessel Title Information

Forms of Payment

Persons with Disabilities

Additional links

Contact Us












All motorized vehicles that will be used on public roads, including forest service roads and beaches, in Washington State must be licensed. If you purchase your vehicle from a Washington State dealer, the dealer will transfer the title for you.

If you purchase a vehicle from a private party, you will need to transfer the title yourself.

You will need:

  1. A title, dated and signed by all registered and legal owners; or a notarized Affidavit of Loss.
  2. Documentation of the purchase price.
  3. An odometer statement on vehicles less than 10 years old.
  4. A current emission test that is no more than 1 year old (check ahead to see if required)
  5. A current Washington State Driver's License or Identification Card. With some exceptions, the registered owner must be 18 years of age or older.
  6. Cash, check or money order. 
  7. Credit/Debit Card (fee applies).
Please note: Washington State titled vehicles must be transferred within 15 calendar days after purchase day to avoid monetary penalties. A $50 penalty is charged on the 16th day with an additional $2.00 charge per day thereafter until a maximum $125 penalty is reached.